Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Dreams

We're coming into Memorial Day weekend and I'm reflecting on so many things. I am so thankful for my husband, Matt, who faithfully serves his country. We miss him so much! We're one month down during this year apart while he is serving in South Korea. I am thankful a month has gone by, though I am sad that he is missing so much of our girls' lives. Last night, Ellie asked me if Daddy sees the same moon. I say yes, honey and she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. It seems harder this third time around because the girls are old enough to realize their daddy is not around and one is old enough to ask questions. Alyssa is starting to talk more each day. I feel like I need to record her everyday so Matt will not miss out on everything. I am excited to have the summer to enjoy the warm weather, cherish time with family nearby and sip on some southern sweet tea and lemonade. I never considered myself to be a teacher, but I have no doubt that is what I need to be doing with my girls this summer so Ellie will be prepared for preschool in the fall and Alyssa will be ready for preschool the following fall. Being apart from Matt makes me really admire single moms who day in and day out work to provide for their families and be a single parent making all their own decisions without support from a husband. I am blessed Matt and I are able to communicate so often through Skype video. God knows just what you need when you need it. I am thankful for these summer days ahead and all that God will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment