Monday, May 2, 2011

Two Under Two

It's been a little nutty lately trying to stay afloat with life. Between potty training, disciplining two year old, Ellie, who I've been told by her preschool/Sunday School teachers that she is quite active, keeping my two year old entertained and making time to teach her fun things, dropping and picking her up from preschool, then switching gears to changing Alyssa's diapers and preparing bottles every few hours, making time to play with my baby girl who is almost 9 months old already, then being involved in a military wives' bible study (PWOC), bible study at church...it can get crazy. I wonder how did I get here? Why am I so stressed out all the time? My husband worries that I never relax. I get up early with my early risers (the girls, not my husband), then stay up late to take full advantage of my "free time" after the girls are in bed. So in the middle of all of that I try to keep a clean house, have clean laundry, folded and put away, not to mention all the projects I intend to do. I want to scrapbook my girls' first years, create photobooks for the following years, Matt's Army scrapbook, our time in Hawaii and Alaska, and books for the grandparents. There is just not enough time in the day. I'm struggling with getting my daily moments alone with God. It seems I just get 5 minutes here and there. I guess no matter what, as long as I find some time to pray and thank God for my blessings, that's good. I try to make time to workout, plan meals, budget our finances, and spend time with friends. I need help! The more time I spend with my girls, the more I appreciate my own mom. Kids are a lot of work, in addition to all the other things in life! But they are so worth it! I just want to learn how to be the best mom I can be and the best wife I can be in the process of it all. I need to learn how to best manage my time. Maybe if I workout first thing, that would work. I am learning that if we tithe in church regularly, we do not run out of money or go under at the end of the pay period. Weird how that works. I am learning daily that if I listen to God, He provides for our needs, He brings His perfect peace. I just need to listen more, starting NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment