Monday, February 14, 2011

Sister Love

On this Valentine's Day, I want to thank God for my sweet little Valentine's - Elliana & Alyssa (in addition to my #1 Valentine, my hubby, Matt). It's such a joy to watch my two year old and six month old interact with one another. They just look at each other eye to eye and stare. Alyssa, the baby, smiles and tends to make sporadic noises that are pretty entertaining. I am so happy to have two girls so they can share what my little sister, six years younger, and I share...sister love. It is a challenge to get Ellie, my toddler, to not play rough with Alyssa. I feel like I'm constantly saying, "be gentle" "be nice", "Ellie, DON'T"! I turn my head one time and she's got her foot on her  baby sister or getting ready to throw something at her. It is making this parenting process all the more interesting and challenging. But I hope that someday, Ellie and Alyssa can be close. I will forever cherish my sister and hope my girls can grow just as close.

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities.  She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway.  She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark.  She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink.  Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.  ~Barbara Alpert

No comments:

Post a Comment